HELP- My Laptop isnt running as well as it used to.

I Play WOW

Baseband Member
OK its about a year old and has seen 3 MMOs FFXI WOW and EQsomething.

My laptop will make a "powering up" noise when its starts to lag or load slowly.
It happens when Im running WoWarcraft.
Windows Task Manager sometimes picks up my computer going straight to 0% while i have WoW running.
I asked a few other gamers and they said its RAM.

Im asking why my computer's lagging when i have more than 1 program running... or even 2 tabs in firefox opened.

I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO Viruses or Spyware on my Computer...NOTHING of that sort.

Ill be watchin this thread.

stop playing wow.

haha

jk :D im a pally :D blood elf

this game is addicting !!!

to your problem

how much ram do you have?

How much room left on your hard drive?

How much RAM do you have?

Have you checked to see if there are other hidden processes running?

"Powering up" sound? Do you mean the fans coming on?

I my laptop's ram's only 1/2 lmao
It's about 500something MB.
I think thats my problem lol.
And yes the fans come on whenever I start to lag. My computer doesnt overheat i cleaned it last week... (now im missing a CD drive lmao, but i got a CD port so :p)

Anyone else agree?

I'm Ally and horde. 70 horde 34 and rising ally

I my laptop's ram's only 1/2 lmao
It's about 500something MB.
I think thats my problem lol.
And yes the fans come on whenever I start to lag. My computer doesnt overheat i cleaned it last week... (now im missing a CD drive lmao, but i got a CD port so :p)

Anyone else agree?

I'm Ally and horde. 70 horde 34 and rising ally

If the fans are coming on, that means there's more heat or more load obviously, so its trying to keep it cool. Lots of laptops are prone to overheating.

Firstly dude, yeah, you need more RAM. :eek:
Also, consider buying one of those laptop cooling pads that use fans to blow air into the shallow bottom area between the two. My HP laptop that's literally a desktop replacement had lots of overheating issues. A simple cooling pad fixed it.

But back to main issue: Get more RAM.

i played WoW on my lappy back in the day lol like 2 years ago, and I was running it on 512 Ram a P4 2.4GHz (I think) and had a cooling pad...I lagged a lil bit but got roughly 30FPS (crtl+r IIRC gets you FPS if you didnt know)

70 NE Druid here but have since stopped playing...2 months ago
almost all epic-ed out too...but just kara and Gruuls stuff...

and... IT IS...but im done for now...atleast till I get bored and need something to do but cars, GF, and gym take up a lot of time...ohh and then there is HW and classes...hahaha

but yeah buy more RAM..lol

Back
Top Bottom