Best GAMING Router?

Chris can u sugest something plz.

D-Link DGL-4300 IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless Gaming Router - Retail $124
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833127158

Should I just get this? How much ram does it have? Is there something better 4 me?

I can't truly make a recommendation as I don't deal with residential routers very much, however that router seems fairly good (as well as the other dlink gamefuel ones).

For starters, that above router runs Linux, unlike most routers which provides a great stability advantage. They may be a bit pricey, but they seem like they could be worth it.

Not sure about this but I was recommended to use cat6 ethernet cable as well. If you have a fast connection then just get enough cable to run to your main gaming computer. Supposedly it allows more information to travel faster along the cable. But that is just what I was told so see if some one with more experience using it can confirm or not.

Not sure about this but I was recommended to use cat6 ethernet cable as well. If you have a fast connection then just get enough cable to run to your main gaming computer. Supposedly it allows more information to travel faster along the cable. But that is just what I was told so see if some one with more experience using it can confirm or not.

Your right, Cat6 is rated for a higher speed than 5e, however both Cat5e and Cat6 are sufficent for gigabit speeds.

Back
Top Bottom