Voltages and Overclocking

jashan17

In Runtime
I notice that when i overclock my CPU more and have my CPU voltage on auto, the voltage goes up along with it. Does Voltage Increase performance/make it more stable? So if i can make the voltage lower and stable, thats better? Right Now this is my setup.
FSB MHZ - 1381
MEM MHZ - 890

CPU Core - 1.35 V
CPU FSB - 1.40V
Memory - 1.85V
nforce SPP - 1.4V

I only lowered the Voltage of the CPU Core since it was set to 1.40 after o'c'ing and gave me a pretty high CPU temp. Right now im at 40degrees celsius idle.

Should i do a Prime95 test overnight?

As you increase your clock speed you'll need more voltage to make it stable. Most people disable auto voltage though.

Just start with the recommended Vcore and overclock. I normally run Prime95 for 30 mins per increase. After it errors within that time frame increase the Vcore until its stable. Once your satisfied with your clocks run Prime95 for 3+ hours and make sure its really stable.

I wouldn't run Prime95 overnight until you have what you want as your final overclock to make sure its really stable.

Make sure you run 4 instances for the quad though otherwise you won't be stressing all 4 cores.

Back
Top Bottom