School computers

I'm not sure why you want to mess with a school computer. There is alot of risks involved. Chances ar, you want even be able to maximize their usage as you'd like.

And, if you say that they suck now, you should have seen them over five years ago when I was in school. They are so outdated compared to now. nOt to mention, they were the pits, and the computer teacher was an evil witch. She never taught you anything and always did everything for everyone parinoid that you'd mess up the computer systems. And, when it came to my friends and I, since we were tekky geeks, she hated us because we knew more than her.

I hate it when kids mess with the school computers at my school. Cause after school, I work in the tech dept. and it involves all the dirty work... Cleaning computers, carrying broken ones back down to the basement, replacing keyboards... No fun...
One time, I went into the physics computer lab, and the entire keyboard was switched around... Pain in the ass to whoever had to fix it... Not me, I was lucky. It was probably thrown out...

Speaking of school computers, the one I use is my donations. Well, it decided to give me a Hardware malfunction BSOD...something written in english lol. Got to look at it. I fear HDD or a BIOS flash.

Is this thread just about school computers in general so could i post a question, or would i be hijacking this persons thread?

This was funny, on computers with intel graphics drivers, pressing CTRL+UP / DOWN would flip the screen. Flip the screen, than flip the CRT upside down.

This was funny, on computers with intel graphics drivers, pressing CTRL+UP / DOWN would flip the screen. Flip the screen, than flip the CRT upside down.
The one I am on is using intel graphics drivers I think right now at school.

I'm at work right now, lol. I like days like today. Only 2 hours of work after school every day. Today, I have to copy software onto blank CDs. So I log onto Xmradio on my secondary computer, or use my psp, and then copy the cds on my laptop here. It's all just waiting for files to finish copying, lol. So I can surf the net on this computer, which is connected to the only port with nothing blocked. It's pretty exciting, lol. Paid for going on CFs...

I'm not sure why you want to mess with a school computer. There is alot of risks involved. Chances ar, you want even be able to maximize their usage as you'd like.

And, if you say that they suck now, you should have seen them over five years ago when I was in school. They are so outdated compared to now. nOt to mention, they were the pits, and the computer teacher was an evil witch. She never taught you anything and always did everything for everyone parinoid that you'd mess up the computer systems. And, when it came to my friends and I, since we were tekky geeks, she hated us because we knew more than her.

When I went to school, there were NO computers at school, you were not even allowed to use a calculator back then.

When I went to school, there were NO computers at school, you were not even allowed to use a calculator back then.

I feel ya. I couldn't use calculators until I was in high school. I had to write everything out. I hated it. The school curriculum was so different when I was a child. Though it was not too long ago since I'm now 23, I has since changed.

Now elementary school was like ages ago. And, I must say that I don't even really recognize what the kids are being taught today. As a matter of fact, I hate the way they do things now which is why I'll be home schooling my children. They've dumbed things down but have loaded the kids with more work. Aaaaaaah, the irony...

from what i can remember they managed to get into the admin account and delete every users documents and files, and also deleted official school progress reports for children that were stored on the system ready to go out the next week. I think there was more but it was like 12 years ago now. They were RM machines, do they still make these things?

deleting documents is criminal (dataprotection act). that'll be why the police were involved.

yes they still make RM machines. I used to buy these when I worked in the Uni as they were generally [one of] the only ones I could get approval for as they were cheaper than Dell.

the RM machines they make now are better though.

Back
Top Bottom