Need HTML help

Le 3eme oeil

In Runtime
I want to make something that looks like this

User name: then a blank box
Password: then another blank box (but goes into *** when typed in like a regular password.)

Then a button that says send.

And I want it so when people press the send button, it automatically sends me an e-mail with the user name and password they provided.

Is there a way to code this in HTML? I don't know any HTML so I'm not sure if this is possible, but this would be useful for me.

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

<FORM ACTION="../cgi-bin/mycgi.pl" METHOD=POST>

name: <INPUT TYPE=TEXT NAME="realname"><BR>
password: <INPUT TYPE=PASSWORD NAME="mypassword">

<P><INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="submit">
</FORM>

This should work for changing the text to ***** with regards to email what they have entered, you need a server side soloution or php code. As far as im aware there is no way you could do this through html or java script. I have it on my site and i use php mysql. do you have these available from your host?

Its just a freewebs account so i dont really know, it says on there site Does Freewebs Support Server-Side Includes (SSI)?
YES! We support Server-Side Includes free of charge.
But i dont know if thats what your talking about?

Edit:
What about MySQL, MSACCESS, and PHP?
Unfortunately, Freewebs does not offer these functions.

Nope..dang....

No any free hosting sites that do offer those?

i will try and find out for you. alternatively do know where you can get hosting for $1 a month which includes all you would need:

* Unlimited MySQL Databases, FTP Accounts, eMail Accounts, Addon Domains, Domain Pointers and Mailing Lists.
* DirectAdmin Control Panel – Easy to use yet powerful – 100s of features in an intuitive interface.
* Installatron Script Installer – Install 100s of free PHP software applications. Have a forum running in minutes. Have a photo gallery in a flash. With Installatron, your creativity is the limit.
* Full support for PHP5, MySQL5 and CGI/Perl scripts,
* One month free trial upon request and 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
* 99.9% Guaranteed Uptime [or your next bill is on us!]
* 24x7 support by tickets and phone, and live chat when available.
* Instant setup - your website could be online in a few minutes!

But i will try and find a free alternative for you

i will try and find out for you. alternatively do know where you can get hosting for $1 a month which includes all you would need:

* Unlimited MySQL Databases, FTP Accounts, eMail Accounts, Addon Domains, Domain Pointers and Mailing Lists.
* DirectAdmin Control Panel – Easy to use yet powerful – 100s of features in an intuitive interface.
* Installatron Script Installer – Install 100s of free PHP software applications. Have a forum running in minutes. Have a photo gallery in a flash. With Installatron, your creativity is the limit.
* Full support for PHP5, MySQL5 and CGI/Perl scripts,
* One month free trial upon request and 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
* 99.9% Guaranteed Uptime [or your next bill is on us!]
* 24x7 support by tickets and phone, and live chat when available.
* Instant setup - your website could be online in a few minutes!

But i will try and find a free alternative for you

That sounds great but I don't have a credit card, but I can get a visa gift card. I have used those to sign up for membership online for games so I bet it would work to sing up for that site.

Edit: would it be a regular .com address?

yes that should work. Also i dont know about where you are but we have these pay as you go visa cards, that might be worth a look. Oh and its a regular .com co.uk .org .org.uk .co.me plus loads more which ever you choose. Good luck with everything. if you need help anymore just let me know.

Go to www.davesite.com It is a great site for learning code. I totally love it. What you are trying to write is a form. A form is where people have to fill in boxes, similar to what you are describing here. His site will tell you how to do it in the interactive HTML tutorial for beginners. I hope this helps.

Go to www.davesite.com It is a great site for learning code. I totally love it. What you are trying to write is a form. A form is where people have to fill in boxes, similar to what you are describing here. His site will tell you how to do it in the interactive HTML tutorial for beginners. I hope this helps.

Yes it is a form, but i think his main issue was with passwording the site. Whilst visual elements of this can be done using html the actual workings of the password system and the logging of users etc cannot be done just using html

Back
Top Bottom