RAM issue / Need advanced people

gregsid

Beta member
Ok here is the deal. I just bought 2 more gigs of rams (so I can have 4gb)
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16820231047

I know they are compatible with my motherboard, as shown here.
http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware/Reviews/gak8nxpsli/

I shut down my computer and everything, then properly installed the ram. But when I went to turn on my computer, everything ran like normal on the computer, but as I waited for my monitor to start up it refused to do so. I checked to make sure nothing came loose inside the case and re-put in the RAM and the videocard just to be sure. Turned it on again and the same problem with the monitor.
At first I thought my motherboard was fried, but it was still running like normal, so I removed the new RAM from the computer and turned it back on to find that the computer ran normal again.
Anyone one have any idea what is wrong or what I can do? I hate to have wasted $90.

There could be a problem with one of the RAM sticks. Try putting just one stick of the G.Skill stuff in with your RAM and then the other stick. They both have the same speeds etc, the Corsair and G.Skill stuff should run fine together.

There could be a problem with one of the RAM sticks. Try putting just one stick of the G.Skill stuff in with your RAM and then the other stick. They both have the same speeds etc, the Corsair and G.Skill stuff should run fine together.

Ok, I just tried putting in 1 stick of the new ram and it working right now. The computer detected it fine. I'm going to try putting in the other stick along side it now, if it doesn't work then I'm going to try the second stick alone to see if it is that stick that is defective.

Ok, another update.
I put in the other ram with the first one and now the computer is running fine. But what is weird is that the computer recognizes the second ram in the diagnostic program (CPU-Z) but in DxDiag is says I have 3328 RAM (3.2gb).

that is because you are using a 32bit OS, all 4gb can only be recognized by 64bit OS.

Back
Top Bottom