Help--Trying to build a rig

Re: Processor Fan

mate, step away from the pc and get someone who knows what they're doing to help you.

EDIT: I think you're better off to keep this all together in one thread rather than starting multiple threads, i have replied in your other thread.

For anyone else the second thread is here

OK, I see what's going on, two threads, Luke, it's not necessary to start two threads.

1/. give us details of the system you have assembled please.

you dont have any thing on your cpu!!!!!!!!!!
so wounder your computers shutting off becouse your cpu is melting
you need a heatsink fan
It sounds scarey doesn't it??

What I can't understand is that most processors (unless you just buy an OEM chip) come with a heatsink and fan.

This also scares the shit out of me

Also, what should the voltage be on the back of the Power Supply?

Thanks!

Do we know which country he is from yet??

dude until you give us sufficient information no one will be giving you any more help

Thanks for your help so far, all I wanted to know was whether or not the processor needed a fan, it is my first time building a computer and there were some questions I had about doing it. No need to get all nasty.

yes, I bought an OEM processor, so it didnt come with a heatsink. that led me to believe it didnt need one. I guess now I do.

@A True Folder- I live in the United States. Also, mate, as you posted in the other thread, I will not be stepping away from my PC to tell someone else to do it for me. I am definitley capable of doing so, and just because i had some questions because it was my first time doesn't mean you have to be a dick.

To everyone else, thanks for your help

yes, I bought an OEM processor, so it didnt come with a heatsink. that led me to believe it didnt need one. I guess now I do.

@A True Folder- I live in the United States. Also, mate, I will not be stepping away from my PC to tell someone else to do it for me. I am definitley capable of doing so, and just because i had some questions because it was my first time doesn't mean you have to be a dick.

Ookkkaayyyyy, stay calm...

OEM basically means you get the bare minimum of parts, which doesn't include parts you may need, for instance a heatsink and fan.
All processors of now need a heatsink and fan.

Your very lucky you haven't killed your processor/and/or motherboard completly.

Didn't you think that if the retail one has a heatsink/fan, the OEM one must need one to? Processors generate too much heat to just be passive in the surrounding air.

As for the PSU, it should automatically be set to the right voltage, etc.

To be honest, I watched my first PC being built for me, and the second time, I did it myself. Thats the best way to learn in my opinion

OK, mate, you go right ahead and fry your pc components on your own, my point was for you to do nothing further because you have no idea what you are doing, I didn't say "Tell someone to do it" either, I suggested that you seek help from someone who knows what they're doing. I wasn't trying to be a dick but save you a massive failure through incompetence.

If you fail to give any further detail of your components it is impossible for us to help.

I believe the US runs on 110v (someone can confirm that) so your psu should be set to that.

Yes you will need a cooler and fan.

thats all I needed for tonight, the computer should work fine once I get a heatsink

thanks for your help everybody, I appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom