Faulty Hardrive Faulty Windows Update ?

Run a scan disk on the drive, and select fix and restore bad sectors, as everything is fine until you do an update I'm thinking that a piece of hardware or software is clashing with one of the updates, run XP without the updates for a bit, use the old WMP version that comes with the disc, WMP 9 I think it is. are you installing any other programs apart from the AV and Firewall. The only other thing to do would be to select custom install on Microsoft Update then manually download one update at a time till you hit the problem then remove the last update.

Run a scan disk on the drive, and select fix and restore bad sectors, as everything is fine until you do an update I'm thinking that a piece of hardware or software is clashing with one of the updates, run XP without the updates for a bit, use the old WMP version that comes with the disc, WMP 9 I think it is. are you installing any other programs apart from the AV and Firewall. The only other thing to do would be to select custom install on Microsoft Update then manually download one update at a time till you hit the problem then remove the last update.

lmao, thanks for the suggestion, but did u know a fresh install of a SP2 xp disk now hase 92 updates at the moment lol,

im sure it would prob work jus take me a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom