Unlocking a razr

superman22x

Golden Master
I have my grandpas razr v3c from verizon he gave me, he said if I sell it the money would be mine. So I thought I would unlock it and sell it on ebay. If I were to unlock it, what networks it work on? How much would it be worth too?

You don't necessarily have to unlock it, just sell it as-is. Quick look on ebay and I saw one for buy it now, $125. I see lots of phones for sale on ebay that aren't unlocked.

You have to unlock it...or else it will still be tied to his grandpa's service...
Verizon isn't like Cingular or any GSM network where you can just swap the SIM card.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it. I'm not sure what's wrong with this forum right now, but when it goes back up they can probably help you:
http://www.howardforums.com/

Verizon uses CDMA. AT&T and T-Mobile use GSM. Different networks and even if you managed to unlock it, which I doubt is possible, there won't be any other networks that will work with it.

Verizon and sprint are CDMA right? I will probably sell it as is if I can't unlock it. It doesnt have a sim card, but someone could still take it too a verizon store and activate correct?

Back
Top Bottom