Best GAMING Router?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I am looking to get a good gaming router. I play multiplayer games a lot, so having a good ping and less lag is everything for me. I do NOT use wireless signal, my computer is connected via Ethernet cable. However my father does use wireless, but he doesn't need anything special. I also do lots of web browsing/downloading.

I was looking at:

D-Link DGL-4500 Xtreme N Gaming Router - 300Mbps 802.11n 4-Port Gigabit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127243

What ya guys think?

The main reason I like this router is because; "GAMEFUEL PRIORITY -
Nothing ruins a frag-fest faster than lag. GameFuel allows you to customize your network settings to prioritize game traffic so your roommate doesn't hog all the bandwidth while downloading tracks from his favorite 80's hair band." This refers to my brother :D

Yes, I do NOT use wireless, but now days all good routers come with wireless signal...It still has 4 Ethernet ports in the back.

Hello,

I am looking to get a good gaming router. I play multiplayer games a lot, so having a good ping and less lag is everything for me. I do NOT use wireless signal, my computer is connected via Ethernet cable. However my father does use wireless, but he doesn't need anything special. I also do lots of web browsing/downloading.

I was looking at:

D-Link DGL-4500 Xtreme N Gaming Router - 300Mbps 802.11n 4-Port Gigabit

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833127243

What ya guys think?

The main reason I like this router is because; "GAMEFUEL PRIORITY -
Nothing ruins a frag-fest faster than lag. GameFuel allows you to customize your network settings to prioritize game traffic so your roommate doesn't hog all the bandwidth while downloading tracks from his favorite 80's hair band." This refers to my brother :D

Yes, I do NOT use wireless, but now days all good routers come with wireless signal...It still has 4 Ethernet ports in the back.

Not all "good" routers come with wireless, the higher end ones almost never include wireless.

The main thing that router has is good quality of service that is already setup for gaming. And it has more balls than these cheap 8mb RAM routers that we see everywhere :rolleyes:

Not a bad choice, but you could quite possibly do better.

That link is dead...

Sorry, link updated

Yes thats the one.

Not all "good" routers come with wireless, the higher end ones almost never include wireless.

The main thing that router has is good quality of service that is already setup for gaming. And it has more balls than these cheap 8mb RAM routers that we see everywhere :rolleyes:

Not a bad choice, but you could quite possibly do better.

If u can provide me with a link with a better "Gaming" router I would appreciate it. Honestly I'm not trying to spend a crazy amount of money on it, Like I sad the wireless signal doesn't have to be that crazy (but I do need 1), I am looking for something above average, preferable something that is optimized for gaming. The one that I posted above has this "GAMEFUEL PRIORITY" thing, not sure how good it is, but it sounds interesting.

doesn't it all matter on ur internet speed? if u have a decent router and a really good internet speed/ping then ur fine, right?

doesn't it all matter on ur internet speed? if u have a decent router and a really good internet speed/ping then ur fine, right?

I do have good internet 30m/5m FIOS What I'm trying to accomplish is to reduse lag/ping in games. My brother always plays WoW, downloading stuff...etc and sometimes ping spikes do happen.

**EDIT**

what about something like this;

D-Link DGL-4100 10/100/1000Mbps GamerLounge Broadband Gigabit Gaming Router $100
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127060

or

D-Link DGL-4300 IEEE 802.3/3u, IEEE 802.11b/g Wireless Gaming Router - Retail $124
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127158

Both of them do use "GameFuel Priority – Technology"

So basically GameFuel technology strangles another PC's connection while still mantaining yours for gaming purposes. Nice :p

So basically GameFuel technology strangles another PC's connection while still mantaining yours for gaming purposes. Nice :p

Well now that u put it that way, i guess... Is there a gaming router or not? I guess the GameFuel is not so much of a fuel... So what should I be looking for? Like I sad b4, I'm looking for a router that can decrease Lag, ping.

Thank you.

Well, it probably would work more efficiently than I stated. It'd probably make sure other programs weren't using it when your game is, etc, but I don't really know.

There are a few network cards that have been said to improve online gaming speeds as well, but they tend to be too expensive to really recommend.

Seems to me like the GameFuel technology is more for wireless networks, than wired ones, where the signal can be significantly lost when gaming, and not necessarily for wired connections, where the signal strength is always the same.

Back
Top Bottom