No signal on monitor after keeping on overnight.

jashan17

In Runtime
I was running prime95 overnight. I wake up and the computer is on but theres no signal on the monitor. This has also happened twice before even without running prime95. Maybe standby? I pushed the power button again but it still wouldnt give me a signal. So i just forced shutdown. What could be the problem?

Seems to be that your computer had crashed because its been stressed too much (are you overclocked at 3.0 at the moment? If you are, remove it) and stopped sending a video signal to the graphics card, which a big crash can sometimes do.

Something could be going on with your video drivers, do you have the latest drivers? Or maybe the video card was overheating and shut down, do you monitor the temps?

Something could be going on with your video drivers, do you have the latest drivers? Or maybe the video card was overheating and shut down, do you monitor the temps?

yeah i monitor my temps. Cannot tell the temperature of my memory though. my cpu is at around 37 degrees celsius idle and GPU is usually at 58 degrees celsius idle. case is at around 30 i think. I have my CPU FSB at 1340 multiplier 9 and my Memory mhz oc'ed to 890. Think i should lower the memory oc? I have an aftermarket cooler too so i dont see that being a problem. And one more important thing is that i oc'ed my video card core to 725, memory at 1090 and shader at 1650 i think. ill have to check later about the shader.

So did it boot back up??

Yeah, it works fine, just sometimes this randomly happens when i wake up. Dont know how though.
My Shader clock is set to 1670. What should i set my rivatuner settings to?
Defaults: 675 core, 1450 shader, 1008 memory.
EDIT: I have the latest Nvidia drivers that do not allow me to set standard 2d and performance 3d settings seperately. So my overclocking settings are always on.

I also looked at the prime95 test results when i rebooted and it gave no errors.

Do you have screensaver enabled?

It may not be a gpu problem, you have three overclocks happening, it could be anyone of them, though Prime95 not showing errors would suggest gpu.

I'd trouble shoot by returning the gpu settings to stock or at least backing them off a little, it is a perplexing problem mainly due to the randomness and the fact that it happens while the pc is "inactive" in so far as Prime is running but nothing else.

You're not using hibernate or anything are you?

Do you have screensaver enabled?

It may not be a gpu problem, you have three overclocks happening, it could be anyone of them, though Prime95 not showing errors would suggest gpu.

I'd trouble shoot by returning the gpu settings to stock or at least backing them off a little, it is a perplexing problem mainly due to the randomness and the fact that it happens while the pc is "inactive" in so far as Prime is running but nothing else.

You're not using hibernate or anything are you?

I think it was the screensaver, left it on last night and now im on it :). Its perfect now. Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom