Serious Issue

Jason8284

Daemon Poster
Okay something is wrong with my computer. I turned it on, then it told me to enter setup because an issue with voltage and stuff.

When I went into Bios and looked into hardware monitor it showed my Vcore Voltage at 4.08 / 3.3v Voltage at 4.08 / 5v Voltage at 16.32 and my cpu temp at 128C. WTF is this ? I never seen this before. I reseted my bios to factory settings and it did not fix this. Any suggestions? I'm scared to turn it on. Why didn't the computer shut itself off when the cpu was like that? Please help me

well i think i have incorrect readings because I set them to all ignore and started the computer. Went to pcwizard 2008 and my temps were good, but some voltages didn't seem right, like dimms was 4.08v. That's not right, right? I dunno what to do, this is really stressing me out. Any suggestions to what I should do?

thought so. ddr2 i have, I have it set at 2.1v but is showing 4.08v, think it's the psu or mobo? think anything is ruined in the computer? I'm so annoyed by this lol, I've dropped a crap load of money into this computer, been working just fine for almost a year

well if it really was at 4.08 volts, i would expect to be seeing dimms on fire.
if you have heatspreaders,touch the dimms with your fingers, see if there hot

Well I'm looking at my wife's computer on PC Wizard and the DIMM on there shows 3.38V so im guessing 4.08v is normal. Probably the mobo then? Settings faulty readings since all my temps run fine? Bios says my cpu temp is 128c but pc wizard shows it at 30c. Think it will be okay to ignore until i get a new mobo?

I'll turn on my computer real quick and write all pcwizard 2008 states

Computer runs fine. Think it's faulty readings? I would think if the readings were right, my computer would not have run just fine right now, correct?

With PC Wizard 2008

Voltage CPU : 4.08v (I know that can't be right)
+3.3v Voltage: 4.08v
+5v Voltage : 6.91v
+12v Voltage : 17.55v
DIMM: 4.08v
VBAT: 3.20v
Processor Fan : 1997 rpm
Chasis Fan: 5672 rpm
Power/AUX Fan: 10 rpm
Processor Temp(Core1) : 40c
Processor Temp(Core2) : 36c
ACPI Thermal Zone: 40c

all the gpu crap is fine.

So if these voltages were correct my temps would be higher and my computer wouldn't of ran for a while like it did, correct? Probably the mobo? If so, is it okay to use my computer until a new mobo comes?

its just faulty readings , good to hear that its running normally , not at 4.08v... that could end in a disaster.

my voltages:
Voltage CPU :1.38
+3.3v Voltage:3.23
+5v Voltage :4.94
+12v Voltage :11.25
so they are still higher then mine, not sure if you should be worried thoe

So if i order another mobo right now, it will be okay to use my computer until the new mobo comes

Back
Top Bottom