Looking at building a laptop

CGfreak102

In Runtime
Hey since now that MSOE is not an option for me, i am looking at some public schools. but now i need/really want to get a laptop and im just looking at some builds but what would you think so i just get like a bare bone chassis that only has like mobo, keyboard, optical drive. and then buy parts from my work (a pc store) and go like that or just get a prebuilt one from a manufacture. also maybe some specs, here is what it will most likely be used from. my degree is going to be CS (computer science) and i will be on campus and therefore need wireless and i will be playing some good games on here nothing like crysis, but maybe COD4 and WoW.

any help or opinions are appreciated

I would just buy a prebuilt if getting a notebook. I can't speak for how good any of them will be in gaming though.

What's your budget? Save the hassle of building one yourself, and buy one prebuilt instead. There are too many things that could go wrong if you're not experienced at making notebooks.

Forget gaming too. I just find it pointless to try to game on notebooks. If you want some flexibility, try the 8600 GT with GDDR3 ram.

That's not a laptop. It's a heavy all in one with a battery backup.

for a buget, ummm i dont know around $1500 USD

mmm maybe ill go and look at lenevo, i could aslo go cheap and like upgrade the RAM, and maybe the proc, and as to not that much experince im pretty sure i know a co-worked/boss that can help me out since he builds most of the ones at my work. but i havent asked him yet so i dont know, ill just look at some pre-builts

Look at the Dell XPS 1330 and 1530. You can build some decent configurations with that price using Dell coupons on the web.

That Asus chassis we get at work is one of the few that has upgradeable video cards. As of now, we are able to get 8600s, and they use normal Socket 775 C2Ds. Not sure what our cost on all that is though.

I would think it would be cheaper just to buy a prebuilt laptop because the parts for them are usually more expensive than desktop parts.

Back
Top Bottom