comments on this build

I think I am going with this case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133154

I know it is a little heavy but I don't plan on moving it around to much.

Also, will the motherboard I picked support 45nm technology? Somebody said it will but I would have to flash the bios. I don't know if I feel comfortable doing that. What are some good boards that support 45nm?

One more thing, I am connected to the internet through a network using a router. Both machines are using Windows XP. Would a Vista machine work with a XP machine? The XP machine is connected to the router.

The BIOS should already be up to date wnd you won't have to flash it. A good board that supports the 45nms is the MSI P35 Neo2. The 680i, 650i and X38 also support the 45nms, but I recommend the P35 chipset.

The motherboard I picked out does support 45nm processors without a flash to the bios. I went to Gigabyte's website.

I made a few more changes. I changed the ram and case. Tell me what you think.

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=5587685

I think I am going with the E8400 processor. Maybe in the future I will upgrade to quad core when they are cheaper. I found another website that has them in stock and they are cheaper than Newegg.

All looks good to me, and as for the processor, thats fair enough if you've found it cheaper else where. You can usually save quite a lot of money by shopping at different places.

You do have 2 CPU's listed though, so don't go ordering with both there :p

If I do order the processor somewhere else, I will be sure to take both of them out before I order.

There is no compatibility issues with this setup is there? Will I need to buy anything extra like cables?

That will work seamlessly together. I'm dissapointed you swapped Corsair for OCZ though. I always considered Corsair RAM to be of better quality than OCZ. All the cables and screws etc will come with your motherboard and case.

I noticed on Gigabyte's website on the memory support list, there are only a few 2gb's of ram and nothing higher than that. Why? Is the list outdated? I don't want to buy memory that will not work with my motherboard.

I may go ahead and get 4gb's of ram. I don't know yet. I still haven't decided. I just like the way 4gb's of ram sound.

If you're running Vista then 4GB will be a benefit. I'm sure Corsair memory will run fine on a GB board.

Thanks for the help so far.

What would be faster, 4gb(4x1gb) or 4gb(2x2gb)? The only disadvantage I see to having 4 modules is it will take up all the slots on the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom