Q6600 Oc

Okay i left the multiplier at 9 and changed the fsb to 333 for 3.0GHz and set my ram back to 800MHz. It booted but failed on Prime95. I upped the cpu voltage a bit and it's stable so far. I'll let it run for a few hours. 3GHz should be good for my wife, hell she didn't really needed overclocked before lol, I just wanted it to up to par with newer quads. Thank you

I got this ram in there 4gigs http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231148
1st thing I did was up my voltage for my ram to 2.1 and set it to 4-4-4-12

Okay i left the multiplier at 9 and changed the fsb to 333 for 3.0GHz and set my ram back to 800MHz. It booted but failed on Prime95. I upped the cpu voltage a bit and it's stable so far. I'll let it run for a few hours. 3GHz should be good for my wife, hell she didn't really needed overclocked before lol, I just wanted it to up to par with newer quads. Thank you

Nice. The higher voltage was probably needed if P95 didn't remain stable. Good luck with that and just keep an eye on temps, too!

Cheers,

Chris

why has all the nvidia chipset mobos been easier for me to overclock on, just curious. I always thought p35 chips were better overclockers than nvidia

Worked well it's all stable with prime95. I used 3DMark06 and got a 12,792 score. CPU score was 4,214. I could probally get a higher score but my wife has no need to oc her video card. Thanks everyone

Back
Top Bottom