Anyway to make Vista Faster?

How can I check HDD speed? Like when I click the World of Warcraft Icon it registers goes black for a few seconds then it runs like normal. Im guessing its just slow loading.

I know what you're talking about. It happens to me whenever I load WC3. (I know my computer is really slow). Well, if it's that then I would say it has to do with a little bit of everything. It's not too bad. I'm not sure if that's a HDD problem or RAM. I wanna say HDD because it seems like the more I put in it the longer it takes for stuff to load. Right now I only have 12.5GB out of the 40 left.

You could Try disk defragmenter. It probably is not your problem but it should help some. Just click start and search for disk and it should be the second option.

EDIT: It depends on what RAM your Laptop uses. Can you find your computer on the suppliers web sight? That would greatly help us narrow down your problem. (Even thought We think it is the Hard Drive) You could Also but a faster HD on newegg if your Hard Drive is 5400RPM.

Again, +1 Joga. Sounds like its a little bit of everything. Upgrading RAM might help, but then again your HD speed might be low, too. And the processor. This is one reason why I don't do gaming on laptops.

Again, +1 Joga. Sounds like its a little bit of everything. Upgrading RAM might help, but then again your HD speed might be low, too. And the processor. This is one reason why I don't do gaming on laptops.

The only Game I own for PC is WOW and its the only game I play on it so I wouldnt say I do alot of gaming on it. What would be the best and cheapest ram to get?

Back
Top Bottom