XP Computer BSODs randomly

guitardude777

In Runtime
Lately, my computer running Windows XP keeps going to to blue screen of death randomly when I'm in the middle of something. It gives me a stop error each time. The last time this happened the air was BAD_POOL_CALLER Stop: 0x000000c2 . It's given me different errors before. I don't have any viruses or spyware; I'm sure of that so that can't be the problem. Anybody have any idea of what's causing this?

Sounds like it could be a RAM issue to me (but I always think that with a BSOD...)

Yeah I've been researching the error and I'm thinking the same thing. I'm gonna memtest86 to test the ram. The blue screen of death never happens often. It only usually happens when I'm maxing out my cpu and running a lot of apps that the computer can't handle at once.

2.8ghz Pentium 4, 2gb of DDR2 RAM, 320gb Samsung Hard Drive. It's a Dell Dimension 4700, nothing special. I hate it.

Okay it just did it again, that's like the 5th time in the last 2 days. It's never done it this often. The only program that I've recently installed is Peer Guardian. Maybe that's the problem.

It'll be the RAM. Like you said, run Memtest on it, or if you find it, RAM Probe, its the new version of MemTest.

Back
Top Bottom