Anyway to make Vista Faster?

Jkerman

Solid State Member
I bought my HP Pavillion Dv6000 laptop for cheap as an open box item at Bestbuy. The only downside I have had with it is that it is Slow. It has good deal amount of ram and a large HDD. But Vista is still slow in loading and all. Is there anything I can do to make it any faster?

We're talking Vista though. I think the RAM might have to do with it. It's probably not all of why Vista is running slow.

We're talking Vista though. I think the RAM might have to do with it. It's probably not all of why Vista is running slow.

+1.

When you say Vista is slow, what do you mean?

-Start up times?
-Loading programs, files, etc?
-Others?

Explain a bit more. Adding ram will definitely give you a faster performing and more capable machine, but that might not be the key here.

Some things that could be making it run slow are pre-installed software or slow Hard Drive Speed. I would Recommend maybe try re-installing the OS that could solve your problem.

Look at the specs and see if your Hard Drive is 5400RPM or 7200RPM.

It it is slow at startup it is your Hard Drive thats slow. (And vista just starts up slow)
If inside of vista is slow then most likely it is your processor being weak.

Ok. When I start it up it takes like 5 mins to start up. Then I have to wait to be able to click on any programs. When I click a program it takes longer then it should to load. My Screen goes black for some reason on certain programs for 30 seconds before it finally appears.

Ok. When I start it up it takes like 5 mins to start up. Then I have to wait to be able to click on any programs. When I click a program it takes longer then it should to load. My Screen goes black for some reason on certain programs for 30 seconds before it finally appears.

That may be a problem them :confused: . Going black shouldnt happen at all UNLESS your computer goes into a screen saver mode or something on really short notice.

What's your hard drive speed as asked before? I seriously think you might want to have the store you bought it from check it out. The screen blanking out is definitely not normal, and you did say it was open box.

How can I check HDD speed? Like when I click the World of Warcraft Icon it registers goes black for a few seconds then it runs like normal. Im guessing its just slow loading.

Back
Top Bottom