torrents.

killakobra

Baseband Member
up until a month ago i havn't had any problems with torrents but latly they are finicky. i use utorrent and everything is good for the first 30 60 minutes but after that i get reduced speeds and less peers. any ideas?

Does your ISP have a fair usage policy? What is your ISP anyway?

Besides, I almost never get my full speed with torrents. Even if theres over 1000 seeders and no leechers, I never get full speeds and I have everything set up correctly.

Also, for the sake of this thread, don't mention what you are torrenting. I'm sure you knew this, but I'm just making sure.

What ISP do you use?

Theres a chance they are capping you, as some aren't Torrent friendly, and when found to be doing so, down your speeds so they are almost unuseable.

EDIT:

Must have posted a few seconds after each other, sorry :(

Sorry, but I don't think this is a valid post.. not really sure...

But if I were using MSN Messenger where we were sending stuff and it got slower and slower, I would just restart it ;) After all, on some programs, not msn unfortunatly, ( ;) ) the download will pick up where it left off.

of if you were downloading from a mirror on download.com and one was slow, look for more,, you may call these mirrors seeds :p

Hope this helps :p

i'm using windstream and from what i can tell it has no limits on torrents but they may. i would just restart it (which ehlps) but alot of the time i am doing something else in the mean time and can't. it may be the fact that all of the trackers are banning us IP's.... and yea, i know about not mentioning what i'm downloading.

Everytime I see torrents mentioned, people act as if they're mentioning "Voldemort" in Harry Potter. I'm guessing this forum has a policy to not mention anything that has to do with Torrents? What's the problem?

Everytime I see torrents mentioned, people act as if they're mentioning "Voldemort" in Harry Potter. I'm guessing this forum has a policy to not mention anything that has to do with Torrents? What's the problem?

Most torrents are d/l'd illegally. The admin doesn't support d/ling of illegal stuff... There's a difference from d/ling a Linux distro or a new release movie.

Have you noticed that this is happening at similar times of the day? try DL in the morning the at tea time 5.30-6.30 then after 11-11.30, if you get faster speed at night and early morning then this would definitely point to your ISP having a fair usage policy so are capping your speeds at peek times 5.30pm-11pm, most automatically cap torrent or p2p site now.

i use utorrent also and my isp is comcast and the whole time im torrenting my speeds are like between 250 to sometimes even 500+ kb/s is this good?

Don't worry about it, just a paranoia. Obviously we don't condone pirating stuff, but torrents are 100% legal :D

Back
Top Bottom