Xbox 360 has died YET AGAIN!!!

Kage

Golden Master
I don't believe it. I've had my 360 back after I sent it off for repair for like 2 days, and it suddenly just now went black while playing Guitar Hero 2, and resetting the console, has caused 3 red flashing lights to appear yet again. I got my console back too, apparently fixed.

They said they replaced the motherboard in the report, and it looks like something else has gone again.
Great...

Wow, I have heard a lot about things like that happening... And people rip on the PS3 saying its bad... idk how you can ignore this! What is the percentage of 360s that have the 3 red lights?

Yeah, I'll post a shot of where it is in a moment. Its beside the monitor. There is a wall behind it, but its a good half metre away. It certainly wasn't hot hot.

The power block is behind the PC, and I'm starting to wonder if its the power block killing it, because for it to go that quick after replacing the entire motherboard...
They said when sending it off to just send the console, no cables, no power, and no hard drive. I'm going to ring them tommorow and I'm going to ask to send the power block too.

This is getting on my nerves now :( I was just starting to get back into playing things again

I do have a PS3 as well, and that still works, but I really want my 360 to be stable because its part of my PC experience, connected to my monitor and surround system, and argghh!!!
I'm going to ring them tommorow asking them for a complete replacement, because I'm not having this happen again.

I have tried to restart, and each time its red lighted, all except for once where it started up with the Xbox logo, and froze, going blank again.

EDIT:

Okay, now I just took out the disk, and reset, and its powered up and working. What?!

Just put the disk back in, reset and froze on startup.

Okay, it was just random, because its not working without the disk now either, haha... what the hell

red ring doesnt always mean its dead just means there was hardware error
sometimes just a restart will fix it
if it happens again send it in for repair
Wow. That sucks man. Get a PS2/3. They have nice games too. Plus never heard of a RROD happening to them.

y would he want to do that when he paid money for a 360 its not like he can return it

I have a PS3 too, so you know, but I love my 360, or at least did...again...

But yeah, restarts aren't helping. Its a random thing it seems, as it has started up the once, and started up a game, but other times, it'll freeze on the xbox logo, and others just have a green power with no lights around, and won't start up at all.

So yeah, Microsoft are going to get me ringing up again tomorrow. Maybe they'll give me another free months trial, because I redeemed the one I got when I got this back

send it back in for repair
at lest microsofts extended repair service gets it fixed...

Well, maybe you didn't see my thread about a week ago, when I did send it off for repair. The motherboard got changed, and it went through a 2 hour supposed test, and then they sent if back again. UPS then brought it back to me.

But, 2 days later of standard playing (not more than a couple of hours a day) and its gone and died again.

What am I to do?

Heres the shot of where it is anyway. There is some space, so enough I'd think for a console to survive with:

look.jpg

Back
Top Bottom