Spyware.. A voice!

I have recommended Comodo to so many CF guys as I rate it that good, there Firewall is excellent and I have never had a problem with a virus since using it, the settings are simple except the latest version has extra protection, I simply can not be bothered to figure it out so I also have that disabled, the Bio clean runs silent in the task bar so you don't even know its there, it must be doing good as I don't have any problems, they have now brought out an AV which is in its beta stage I don't have that as I use Nod32 with a unlimited time trial, so I cant say how good it is, but I have installed it on my wifes laptop as Norton ran out and it working fine. all in all I think Comodo products are the best free security software out right now.

The screen being misaligned may be caused by the resolution and timing being off. I also recall hearing about a setting on laptops that allows you to change the screen orientation.

I wouldn't suggest doing a system restore if it is infected by a virus/malware. It will also reset them too. You should first scan for any nasties and deal with those before doing a restore.

Ok! So the ultimate answer is!!... (Drum roll please!)

SYSTEM RESTORE! lol

My question with that was does that bring back the malware, I guess not though.

Ok! So the ultimate answer is!!... (Drum roll please!)

SYSTEM RESTORE! lol

My question with that was does that bring back the malware, I guess not though.

If your PC was infected when you saved the restore point then yes the malaware will be restored back as well, you may need to go back quite a while.
Personally if it is that bad then reformat and star again, you will have a piece of mind knowing you have a clean system, make sure you have all the drivers for a reinstall and an xp disc handy before you take that action.
Does your friends laptop have a recovery partition with it to restore back to factory settings? that would make life much easier.

No, it does not. I will just restore back a long long time ago. And if that is not an option I will restore to a couple of days ago and kill the malware again.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom