Upgrade Quesions

Super.Sauce

Beta member
Okay, so I found on ebay that my processor is going for the cost of an entirely new am2 platform. My cpu is an x2 4200+, w/ ultra x-wind cooler, and I can also sell the gigabyte k8n ultra sli mobo and 2gb ddr 400 ram for more upgrade $$. So leik whats the difference between a 939 platform and an am2 besides the ddr2 support? Would an Asus m2n-sli deluxe, or m2n-e motherboard be able to use the quad core as they claim, with a simple bios flash? Anyone who's gone phenom in am2's experiences would be appreciated as well. Also how much better is an nForce 570 than an nForce 4? Allright thx 4 looking :D

An AM2 platform has PCI-Ex16 if I'm not mistaken which gives you a much bigger and better peforming range of GPUs to choose from. A lot of AM2 motherboards failed the Phenom compatability test I know that. But I expect big companies like ASUS are hard at work on a BIOS update if they haven't already released one. I'm not a Phenom user so other people will be able to answer your other questions better than me.

Back
Top Bottom