PCMark Vantage *A must have bench suite*

Wow Futuremark has finally turned the corner and made a complete bench suite. I highly recommend downloading it and running it on your system. It can be found direct on Futuremarks website. Please make sure when you run the complete test you leave around 1 to 1 1/2 Hours free time because thats how long it takes to run a full bench!

First off I'm suprised they only give you 3 resolution choices default being 1024X768 so thats what I ran it at. So here are all the bench tests. At least they are benching everything that matters now.

Edit: See my post 3 for results of all tests Vantage performs.

PCMark Suite (Benchs various photo/hd coding simulations etc)
Memories Suite (Benchs memory etc)
TV and Movies Suite (Steaming HD content while converting music files etc)
Gaming Suite (Only test I saw was the firefly test but your typical gaming performance stuff)
Music Suite (Converting Music etc)
Communications Suite (Didn't watch the test)
Productivity Suite ( Stuff like tabbed browsing and text load speeds)
HDD Suite (Various HDD tests)

I can't go in depth into what all each entails as you can't click anything while the tests are running otherwise it will abort the tests. But the tests are designed around basically everything we do besides gaming.

So I managed to score 3233 PCMarks on this system although I was clocked at 3.3Ghz for the test. Crashed on the last driver I had so I updated to 169.25 and it ran fine but I never reset the clock. I imagine people with quads will have a huge advantage in this bench suite since it runs a lot of things that quad cores cut in half over duals.

I look forward to seeing some of your results. Here is my results page. Edit: It appears if you save your URL it just takes you to a dummy page. I guess I'll rerun the test and just take a screenshot of my results page. But you can download the app from the link below so I'll leave it up. Off to reset my clock to 3525Mhz and I'll post new results.

http://service.futuremark.com/home.action;jsessionid=8A3DBEFCDCC620D8F25956E586B0FFDD

VantageResults.jpg

downloading now.

there little real time ticker thing that tells you the score of uploaded PC is pretty kool,

and the best computer in the world with 30000+ points is amazing

Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀;763150 said:
Screw that I want to know what kind of hard drives he is running. I know Raptors in Raid 0 can't be that fast.

I'm guessing he's running solid state drives because his transfer rates are so much higher.

All I can think is adopt adopt adopt so I can afford one!
Haha yeah probably...either that or a really fast SCSI drive.

i got 4722 on mine,
thats cpu and ram on stock ,
ill overclock Quad to 3.3Ghz and ram later and ill post results with overclock

http://service.futuremark.com/home.action;jsessionid=D8C149087F2411240A9A9A8A84558579

EDIT:
ok ive overclocked to 3.3 , ram is 826- i set with 4-4-4-12 timings but got BSOD , now on 5-5-5-15 . it seems stable.
i will do a benchmark now ,
this will be interesting too see how much a diffrence and OC Quad makes

Nice score but the links don't work. Just use Vistas snipping tool and crop your score section. I clipped everything to show everyone whats in all the tests. I new quads would crush my scores since it takes advantage of audio/video encoding which with quads you may as well cut the time in half. Just curious what was your estimated time on the test. At 3525Mhz my ETA was 1hr 32min. I'm guessing you were around the 1 hour test time mark.

@ Freestyler it does say he is using a SCSI HD. I'd like to know what type I tried searching that name but got nothing there.

Back
Top Bottom