building the cheapest comp possible

lol no i just want to put together the cheapest pc i can thats still pretty decent

edit: think this is a bad idea and i should just work on making a really nice pc?

think this is a bad idea and i should just work on making a really nice pc?

It all really depends on what you want to do with it. If you are just going to be surfing the 'net, listening to music, word processing and maybe playing some low end games, it will be OK. But if you really want to play some of the newer games, do some online gaming, watch vids and such, you would be better off spending more on some good quality, higher performance components.

but xp alone is $100 or somthing like that,
your better of saving up and getting a good computer :)

I think he should go with a DVD/CD reader. Do you know how long it would take to burn something on a 200 dollar comp?

Not very long, burning speed doesn't depend on the hardware. I can burn just as fast on a 200$ computer as I can with a quad core.

I just came out with a list of parts for my good pc i want on my other post, wondering if someone could check it out and tell me if it all works together nicely..? Also, tell me if im forgetting anything.

www.dell.com/outlet

earlier I found an

AMD 5000+ X2
2GB Ram
320GB HDD
DVD-burner
Vista Home Premium (I think if not it was just Home Basic)
Keyboard, mouse

no monitor...for $309

and I found a 15% coupon which made it $262 or so... Not bad at all if you ask me... Duel Core, Vista, 2gb ram and a 320GB Hd

its a refurb obviously but its comes with a warrenty for like a year or some crap I think.

Back
Top Bottom