Just another day at work...

AmericanSensei

Daemon Poster
So I thought.......

At times I like to share my days with you guys for One, I consider everyone here a second family as I've been loyal for quite a few years which is rare on a forum. Secondly, To give some of the younger folk street smarts and wisdom to soak up. Lastly, Some of the things I see and have to do severely weighs on me emotionally, so talking about it helps .

Today started off quite slow and with nothing out of the ordinary, Just street patrol for a few hours issuing traffic violations.

Then my day starts.:eek: My Partner and I headed to lunch to get some chow and relax for a bit in peace. While eating lunch my partner and I heard alot of arguing and yelling towards the front of the restraunt so we went to check it out. Apparently an older male came in, homeless wanting some food. He did have some cash on him but not enough and the female cashier told him that he was short, so he took it upon himself to expose himself to the female cashier in hopes she would be satisfied with his package. That went over like a fart in church. The guy was obviously on speed as it took my partner and myself to take the suspect down and apprehend him. He had some alone time in the car as we finished our burritos.

Later that afternoon we were dispatched to two Domestic Disturbances, But there was one that proved sad. As we approached the house there were neighbors outside looking towards the house emitting all the screaming and yelling. My Partner and I approached the house with guns drawn and knocked on the door, No answer, knocked harder, "Los Angeles Police Department"...Screaming and yelling stops. Guy opens the door and immediately responds with "Is there a problem Officer". Yes Sir, There is. We've had reports of alot of screaming and yelling coming from the premises. "Really, No everythings fine here.....Right kids?...Silence." My partner stays with the father as I go inside for a closer look and another story. The wife and kids are staying in the shadows and trying to not make eye contact with me, So a closer look shows the wife beaten badly, and the kids with busted lips and mulitple bruises as well...Long story short, The Father is now locked up and has always been an alcoholic and beats the family when he has too much.

Closing the day was confined of just assisting my fellow officers and the retrieval of a stolen vehicle.

I love this job, There isn't 1 day that is exactly the same, It's different EVERY single day. But doing this line of work you HAVE to have something to do, a hobby that helps clear your mind.. So myself and a few of my other guys also participate with the Big Brothers, Big Sisters program, Giving very unfortunate kids a better life. Well take em to ball games, help them with school work, Let them come over and spend time with our familes, Movies, games, etc. What these kids get out of having that bigger brother or bigger sister is something words cannot paint a picture of. I find it quite rewarding myself seeing that I'm making a kids life that much better.

You are the type of person Id like to meet, I always respect police officers and you sound the model type, I would love to be one but that is just not going to happen, you are going out your way to help the kids and community and that brings a smile to my face, if only we had more people like you, you love your job which is a rarity these days, you are doing good and may it continue through your life safely. A very very good day to you sir + rep

Thank goodness we have people like you guys in the world to protect people from the scum out there. It must be very difficult to have to deal with some of the things you do, I cannot imagine how hard it would be. Keep up the good work, try not to let it get to you. I do agree you would need to have a hobby away from the job or it would take over your life. Well done mate.

ahhh , i look up to you...

im 15 and always thort about being a cop.when im older
i no its dangerous but it would be exciting at the same time
duno , maby its getting into car chases, maby its the action .
but somthing is making me want to be a cop :D
as long as i get one of these new taser guns

i might be a cop one day.

look at the car i would get
QLDPoliceAurionPoliceCar.jpg

That's amazing man, it's that kind of action that inspired me to consider becoming a police officer after school because I would really love to be involved with stories like that but being in South Australia, it seems alot less hostile and I feel like I would get stuck issuing parking fines and sitting there with a speed gun makin more revenue for the government. Then the closest I would get to action would be chasing a kid on a bike cause he's not wearing a helmet haha but +1 for you.

Always good to hear from our resident cop. I bet the restaurant was happy that you and your partner decided to eat there when you did.

I love this job, There isn't 1 day that is exactly the same, It's different EVERY single day.

thats why im getting into law enforcement, and why right now, i love lifeguarding ! :)

one minute it macking the ladies, next its saving some kid in the deep end :)

but as far as cop cars go...this is the best

mltfmu.jpg

+1 one to you AmericanSensi, I myself am not in law enforcement but work with them a good bit as a first responder at wrecks and so forth, y'all have a tough and often under appreciated job. But I also know you get to do some of the most rewarding work out there, When I'm 21 I plan on becoming a reserve deputy in my county:D

cool stuff man, sounds like an action packed day, i havent been at the FD for a couple days, yesterday we were covering for two other departments though which can be pretty tough sometimes, our quint broke down which was a pain in the ass, a piece of the turbo broke off and destroyed it

but anyway, stay safe out there man, keep up the great work

Back
Top Bottom