got my new trackball mouse..

That's why I like french and portuguese better. Pretty much any language close to latin. There are some I think, but not as much.

Cactuses and Cacti? Or just cacti.
Funguses and Fungi? Or just fungi

Pretty weird lol.

It's fine. Isn't fish and fishes the same way?

Well no. Fish is singular and plural. However, when you are referring to different species then you use the plural fishes.

Same thing with races of people.

What about deer and deers? This brings up a lot of questions about the English language.

I believe deer can go either way, but it is more common to just use deer as both the singular and plural.

That's why I like french and portuguese better. Pretty much any language close to latin. There are some I think, but not as much.

Cactuses and Cacti? Or just cacti.
Funguses and Fungi? Or just fungi

Pretty weird lol.

With cacti, it is a similar case to fish and fishes. If you are talking about different breeds, then it's cactuses. However, there is one caveat. Sometimes the plural is the same as the singular.

Generally however, you will only hear cacti as a plural.

Same for fungi and funguses.

Trackball + MAME + Golden Tee = the solution to all life's problems

You're all set up now dude.

Well no. Fish is singular and plural. However, when you are referring to different species then you use the plural fishes.

Same thing with races of people.

I believe deer can go either way, but it is more common to just use deer as both the singular and plural.

With cacti, it is a similar case to fish and fishes. If you are talking about different breeds, then it's cactuses. However, there is one caveat. Sometimes the plural is the same as the singular.

Generally however, you will only hear cacti as a plural.

Same for fungi and funguses.

Knowledgeable man Thelis is *yoda voice*

sorry, had to say that.

Back
Top Bottom