Just about ready for my first build

What are the chances that ill totally mess this up and basically kill it while trying to put it together?

if you take your time are very careful and have done your research? very little
make sure to take your time stop when u get pissed walk away for a min
ask on here if u have even the tinniest question

2 questions.

1, how do i know where everything it designated to go in the case?
2, are those static wrist strap things a good idea?

If you really want to be safe then buy an antistatic wrist strap for $5, but computer parts are really a lot more durable than a lot of guides make them out to be. As long as you try to hold the components by the sides then you'll be fine. The motherboard manual should have some easy instructions with it. Do you already have another computer you could use. Just open up the side and see where everything is and then use it as a sort of template for building your own.

That's great! That's the one I learned in. Well, start by messing with command buttons and labels. Try to make it display something at first, and then something different when you hit the command button.

EDIT: If you ever get stuck, send me a screenshot and then I'll open up on paint and type in code for ya =]

this is what i have made so far.

basically a joke..
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/b17s/vb.jpg

this is what i have made so far.

basically a joke..
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a231/b17s/vb.jpg

Lol..K. If you double click on your command button you will get a screen with space for code. At the top right of that window it should say Click, then top left of that window should say whatever you named that command button. And what that means is that whatever you code in there will occur when the object (command button) is click. Try creating a label. Leave the name as label1

then under one of the command buttons tye:
label1.caption = "text"

I'm pretty sure that line of code is self-explanatory =]

Ok so i have a cpu, gpu, Ram, Mobo, psu. Now whats left? Hard drive? disk drives?
edit: the stuff i have already puts me at $754.95 on a $900 budget.

Hard drive and disk driver won't be too expensive. prolly 100 dollars together. disk drives are about 30, decent ones, and hdd 70

Back
Top Bottom