Need to re-install windows XP. Legit product key, but no CD.

mersennegeorge

Beta member
Hello,

I am very lucky that my computer still works. It got so many viruses in the past couple of days.

I bought a new toshiba laptop 1.5 years ago. I have the Windows XP Home product key sticker at the bottom of my computer.

But, i don't think it came with a CD. Was it supposed to come with a Windows CD? It only came with a Toshiba CD which i think has all the drivers on it.

So, what do i do?

Thanks.

The cd/dvd it came with is the Product Recovery DVD

When i restart, and press F2, and load from the CD, it asks me if i want to format everything and the partitions.

but will then bring back my windows XP Home?

Thanks

The cd/dvd it came with is the Product Recovery DVD

When i restart, and press F2, and load from the CD, it asks me if i want to format everything and the partitions.

but will then bring back my windows XP Home?

Thanks

It should because essentially you will be recovering the laptop to factory conditions (the very first time you booted the laptop.)

Laptops often don't need a CD to reinstall Windows, just go ahead with the Factory Settings thing.

That DVD you need to use. You see, that Product key might not work with the traditional XP Home CD. Plus, it will ask you to reformat, so all data is lost. If you don't really have anything important, go ahead. It will bring back Windows XP Home, like you said. It's a clean install.

Back
Top Bottom