Just about ready for my first build

Le 3eme oeil

In Runtime
I decided that for my new computer, i want to try to build it myself. I'm not 100% positive on what im doing yet so i could use some guidance from everyone here.

I was wondering if you could recomend some parts. My main uses for this computer is mainly browsing the web, maybe getting some games, music, and im also thinking about getting into computer programming, but i dont know what sort of requirements a computer doing that would need.

Also, did intel just release a new processor or something?

I can help a little. I have had some experience with programming. How much money you willing to spend? As far as processors I don't know. Also, for programming, do you just plan on learning it or do you plan on building a decent sized project? Because I've been "working" on this MMORPG with a couple other people and the only person with enough "computer" to compile it has a quad-core..

I want to learn programming and also use it to make stuff. I think im going to learn java but im not sure.

Also, considering i dont even know programming at all should i just stick with dual core until i know what im doing?

Definitely. Tbh, I have programmed c++ and vb for 1 yr ea. I don't like vb too much so I forgot. But I can tell you it won't be until 2-4 years of constant c++ that you will be able to program something substantial. That explains the reason I put quotes around working. I'm just analyzing code as I don't know DirectX/Torque/OpenGL. Which is what they're using to render the images.

EDIT: What's your budget?

give us a budget and we'd be more then happy to help you out
when it comes to building it
its quiet easy almost like legos for big boys lol

That's what it seems like. I've never built one but I have examined my computer at least 200 times. Trying to figure out what this flapping noise was. Turned out to be that big green "air conductor" dell puts on its computers. I took that out btw.

$500-$900 is an approximate budget.

My mom says she thinks i should just buy a computer because the thinks me building one will go horribly wrong and ill waste my money.

building it is well worth it my friend
900 we can do pretty well with that now that doesnt include speakers monitor key bored correct?

Lol. +1 to your mom. =]

Well. In that case. I would suggest 2gb of ram. 250gb HDD. 8800GT or maybe a 9600. A duo-core definitely.

A bit of advice: Get Python and mess around with that. It's very easy and efficient at teaching you the concepts of programming. When you're pretty satisfied with your dominance of it, move on to C++. I don't really like Java, so that's why I don't recommend it. Or instead of Python you could use Visual Basic. They are both simple and easy. For Python you might need to search for a tutorial online, just so you learn the commands. For VB, if you mess with it you will be fine. Because as you type a letter, a scroll box shows up certain commands that you are able to use.

Back
Top Bottom