Time for a new PC

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
I am in the market for a budget laptop with some gaming potential. THIS is what im looking at and i was wondering how it would run.

Guild wars
WoW
CS:S
New releases

Hit me back soon please
Tom

In my opinion the LAN card is too slow, processor could be better, and I'm not sure about the graphics card. What is that in? Pounds or Euros? I can never tell them apart lol. That could probably run Guild Wars and CS:S fine. I'm not sure about WoW, and I think you need to do better for new releases such as COD4 or Crysis. Crysis a lot better lol.

In my opinion the LAN card is too slow, processor could be better, and I'm not sure about the graphics card. What is that in? Pounds or Euros? I can never tell them apart lol. That could probably run Guild Wars and CS:S fine. I'm not sure about WoW, and I think you need to do better for new releases such as COD4 or Crysis. Crysis a lot better lol.

First off why is the "LAN Card" too slow? I assume you are infact talking about the wireless LAN card, which infact uses the fastest 802.11 standard out their. It's far faster than the average internet connection, and would suit just about anyone.

Second, it's in pounds. Notice the british pound sign, not a euro sign, not a dollar sign.

As for the laptop, its a bit weak to handle modern games. Could get away with CS:S on it however. Pretty nice price for what you are getting, but need a bit more power to play games.

First off why is the "LAN Card" too slow? I assume you are infact talking about the wireless LAN card, which infact uses the fastest 802.11 standard out their. It's far faster than the average internet connection, and would suit just about anyone.

Second, it's in pounds. Notice the british pound sign, not a euro sign, not a dollar sign.

As for the laptop, its a bit weak to handle modern games. Could get away with CS:S on it however. Pretty nice price for what you are getting, but need a bit more power to play games.

Listen up dude, I don't know if you paid attention or not, but it only goes up to 54mbps. That's pretty slow. Secondly, I don't live in England therefore I have no obligation in knowing what their currency sign looks like. I always get them mixed up and I wanted some clarification about it. You didn't have to be rude about it.

He only wants to play MMOs and CS:S, he didn't say anything about Crysis. I think that GPU will be fine for his needs.

for games i'd only get intel core 2 duo just because it runs well, use less battery, and it doesn't get hot like the amd x2. i would be expecting more than $1000 laptop for a good gaming one.

Listen up dude, I don't know if you paid attention or not, but it only goes up to 54mbps. That's pretty slow. Secondly, I don't live in England therefore I have no obligation in knowing what their currency sign looks like. I always get them mixed up and I wanted some clarification about it. You didn't have to be rude about it.

how is 54mbps slow?

I personally wouldn't buy a laptop for just games. A guy at work spent a bunch of money on a laptop for gaming to figure out it only had an 8400 in it, pretty weak gfx. Plus they are pretty much non upgradeable except for the HDD and RAM.

Listen up dude, I don't know if you paid attention or not, but it only goes up to 54mbps. That's pretty slow.

Most modern high speed internet connections are 1-2mbps. 54mbps is just kinda more than that so you won't see any lag if playing online games... 54mbps is for the wireless and that is the standard for wireless. Want 100mbps? Just hook it up with an RJ-45 cable...

Back
Top Bottom