Wind Turbine destroys itself

:eek: was that a test or something? Would be pretty scary being close when those blades fly off:eek:

I'll stick with my good ole petroleum based energy if not for just that reason :p. Whirling blades of doom not really my thing.

lol nice, my question is how did they know that was going to happen at that percise moment in time?

lol nice, my question is how did they know that was going to happen at that percise moment in time?

I agree, a set up springs to mind, also look at the speed of the arms, there going a tad fast dont you think.

I imagine that something had noticeably failed to begin with. Wind turbines such as those are suppose to have a braking system to slow it down and also when they've been spinning for a certain amount time they're suppose to turn out of the wind and come to a stop to cool off. This one obviously did neither of these.

I think Ð88 has got the right idea. They are designed to run at certain speeds and have safe guards built in to keep this from happening. I get the feeling that this one was spinning at a speed that it wasn't designed to handle.

From the looks of the sky it was a storm and that turbine had something wrong with it like D88 said.

But that was sweet! Cut the pole right in half!

Back
Top Bottom