lmao poor hd dvd

esa193

Fully Optimized
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/21/hd-dvd-players-become-dvd-upscalers-in-format-war-fallout/

hd-dvd-dignity-lost.jpg

" In an attempt to clear their shelves of dead HD DVD weight, retailers are taking the obvious step of slashing prices. Others, like play.com are renaming the players. Thanks to the magic of Google cache, we see that Toshiba's "HD-EP30 HD DVD Player" (as it was known on February 15th) is now listed as the "HD-EP30 HDMI Upscaling Player with HD DVD High Definition Playback." Caveat emptor, as they say.

Update: Looks like Circuit City's jumped on the bandwagon as well -- the HD-A3 is now listed as an "Upconversion DVD/HD-DVD Player."

lol well you have to get rid of them somehow

This is where, out of nowhere, HD-DVD will come back up somehow, and reign supreme, and the retailers will be like "DOH!"

That would be really funny if HD-DVD started going up again. :p

I was actually rooting for HD-DVD b/c it sounded better than Blu Ray, but i wasn't sure of any of the technical specs on the formats. I just know that at least Blu Ray is out of my price range still.

I would buy a blu ray drive for my computer before getting a stand alone player really. I use my computer a whole lot more than my TV. $350 is still too much for me anyway. Affordable for me is about when it gets down to what DVD players cost about 5 years ago, average $50, give or take, lol.

I can't remember if it was Toshiba or Hitachi, but one of the two made a HD-DVD/Blu-Ray/DVD-DLRW/DVD-RW/DVD-R/DVD-ROM/CD-RW/CD-R... well, just about every CD style up to Blu-ray/HD-DVD/.. I think Dell was selling it with some of their XPS desktop lines for 600 bucks. It would be good to have that.

Back
Top Bottom