To the dark side...

freestyler105

Golden Master
I installed Steam. Maybe it's improved...it was pretty unstable when I last used it.

Anyway, just bought the Orange Box, 15GB DOWNLOAD!?!! I would've gotten it in the store if I would've known that...Portal itself is 6 gigs apparently, oh well assuming Valve has fast servers it should be done in a few hours. At 500 kB/s Portal should only take 3 and a half hours actually. And it's going about that.

Now time to get a really comfy computer chair, because beating this whole thing is going to take a while...and my stupid wooden chair isn't going to cut it.

Yeah, the Orange Box is good. I prefer boxes, etc though which is why I bought it retail, and it was actually cheaper in the shop than online for me here.

Portal is a nice add-on. I still haven't completed that!

I installed Steam. Maybe it's improved...it was pretty unstable when I last used it.

Anyway, just bought the Orange Box, 15GB DOWNLOAD!?!! I would've gotten it in the store if I would've known that...Portal itself is 6 gigs apparently, oh well assuming Valve has fast servers it should be done in a few hours. At 500 kB/s Portal should only take 3 and a half hours actually. And it's going about that.

Now time to get a really comfy computer chair, because beating this whole thing is going to take a while...and my stupid wooden chair isn't going to cut it.

Glad you took my advice. Enjoy!:D

lol its worth the exta $20 not to download that huge file ,

you should just cancel that 6gb portal and download the 370mb non steam version (its not really that illegal because you did pay for the game)

it was the one i downloaded before i bought the oragne box,

theres nothing riped and it works perfectly .

after you downloaded it , it extracts to a 750 mb installer , then after installtion its is 2gbs.

the non steam version is not 370 mb
the reason your dl if 15G is becouse of a lot of patches now included
the orange box fits on a 9G dvd for xbox

trust mean steam is very stable and a great program
i actually add all my games into it
to use it sort of as a game manager
now they included private voice chat the system is like a universal xbox live for computers

Yeah, I like Steam, but Steam doesn't seem to work for me in Offline mode, so I'm stuck if my Internet goes, like yesterday :(

Steam hasn't worked on my computer at all. Or at least it didn't work back in January when I tried it along with Hellgate London.

I'll give it another shot soon.

Back
Top Bottom