wow this is crazy

Really nice idea, but even for a prototype, those cars are ugly, and probably not as safe as the heavier, more robust cars out there, so your saving the planet, but risking your life.
Did anyone see that Top Gear episode with the table and this really light car? The table won? haha

Instead of combustion powering the engine, compressed air moves the pistons. Just watch the video...

I watched the video, it said there would be 2, 4, and 6 cylinder versions.

No, we need someone to figure out how to use fusion. It's what powers the sun. Current nuclear power plants use fission. That produces large amounts of radioactive waste though. Fusion produces much, much more energy, with much, much less waste.

that because theres to type of fusion
we split atoms
the sun combines them
the problem is we don't have a material that can with stand the heat enough to control that type of fusion
we can run them today using electromagnets but it takes more energy then it makes currently

Really nice idea, but even for a prototype, those cars are ugly, and probably not as safe as the heavier, more robust cars out there, so your saving the planet, but risking your life.
Did anyone see that Top Gear episode with the table and this really light car? The table won? haha

thats not true
carbon fiber is 10 times stronger then steel and 50 times lighter
weight has nothing to do with the safety of a car
more weight the more time is takes you to come to a stop
a new method of mass producing it is coming to the market making this a very likely material for cars

sorry about double

Ingenious. The second design was amazing. I predict it to be the future. With a little adjusts here and there it will be really efficient. Like, incorporating maybe 2 or 3 in a car as they only last 2 hours of driving. I want to see how this technology is going to advance. Angelo's design is the best, but the other one isn't bad. Overall, I think the second design, while less powerful, it is more efficient.

ugh, biofuels are the worst things ever - they raise crop prices, so poorer countried cant afford their food, they encourage de-forestations to make room for crops and they still pollute!
Do you know anything about crop prices? A year ago thousands and thousands of farmers were giving up because they simply couldn't make a living (at least that was the case in Europe), recently the prices have lifted and a lot of that rise is due to the increased use of biofuels. Air and hydrogen powered cars could take years and years to be properly developed and 'till they are ready, I think biofuel is the way foward. Of course, other people have different opinions which they are perfectly entitled to.

Yeah, but they said that the tanks are made of carbon fibre, but the main structure made from alluminium, including the engine.
A hyrbid engine that they may produce will still use some petrol, or biofuel...

that because theres to type of fusion
we split atoms
the sun combines them
the problem is we don't have a material that can with stand the heat enough to control that type of fusion
we can run them today using electromagnets but it takes more energy then it makes currently
No, the two types are fusion and fission. Fusion is combining, fission is splitting.

Once someone figures out how to control the fusion reaction, our energy problems are solved.

Fusion is what the H-Bomb uses. 1,000 times more powerful than the atomic bombs we dropped on Japan. The bombs use it uncontrolled, we need to figure out how to control it.

EDIT: It doesn't need gas, that's only for the version that goes extremely long distances without refilling.

No, the two types are fusion and fission. Fusion is combining, fission is splitting.

Once someone figures out how to control the fusion reaction, our energy problems are solved.

Fusion is what the H-Bomb uses. 1,000 times more powerful than the atomic bombs we dropped on Japan. The bombs use it uncontrolled, we need to figure out how to control it.

Exactly, but that's gonna take too long. I think with the development of virtual reality they will be able to experiment with this a little better. Technology is getting more intertwined the more advanced it gets.

Do you know anything about crop prices? A year ago thousands and thousands of farmers were giving up because they simply couldn't make a living (at least that was the case in Europe)

exactly in europe, these crops are grown in arfrica and south americas where food prices go up, and the people in the countires growing the crops cant afford them, and theyre exported out :)

That smaller engine is more impressive in my eyes.
Only 2 hours driving, but 3 minutes filling up? Not bad really

Back
Top Bottom