Loudest boombox / ipod speakers

BGates14

In Runtime
I'm trying to find the loudest or atleast a boombox / ipod speakers that can blast music louder than most. If anyone owns a normal ipod speakers you probably know that the loudness is terrible, and if your in an area of like say 40+ people, 5 of them will hear it. This would be used for two things, intimidation and just on a bus on the way to swim meets.

A few of the teams we swim bring boom box's into the locker rooms and blast music, its pretty intimidating and you kind of want to just get out quick, so we're planning to do the same thing next year, we just need to find a good one to use.

I'm trying to find the loudest or atleast a boombox / ipod speakers that can blast music louder than most. If anyone owns a normal ipod speakers you probably know that the loudness is terrible, and if your in an area of like say 40+ people, 5 of them will hear it. This would be used for two things, intimidation and just on a bus on the way to swim meets.

A few of the teams we swim bring boom box's into the locker rooms and blast music, its pretty intimidating and you kind of want to just get out quick, so we're planning to do the same thing next year, we just need to find a good one to use.

i don't think the quality would be terrific with loud speakers especially coming from an ipod

You can get as loud as you want, it all depends on how big you want

size doesnt matter, just needs to be able to be carried by someone, so like not too big but big, and high quality isnt as much of an issue as loud, quality does matter buut not much.

Looks to me like you could manage with a standard disc based player, that has AUX in for the Ipod

Off topic -
You're a swimmer? Me too, what do you swim? I swim distance freestyle...:(

Anyway just go into your local Best Buy or whatever and test out a few, that's probably the best way.

I swim as well haha.

I say go with Kage's suggestion, get a CD boom box with an AUX input and just wire your iPod to it.

I hate distance haha but I'm good at it for some reason. Our high school season just ended, I went 5:01 in the 500 and 1:50 in the 200 to miss the state cut by a second in each...

That looks cool, although if you could find one without a guitar amp built in you could probably save some money.

Back
Top Bottom