Doesn this look like it's caused by a trojan?

worshipme

Golden Master
Doing scans now. Need quick answers please.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
I mean do you think that it's the Trojan that's trying to get me to download stuff with that window?

that warning dialog is fake. windows will never have a popup window that recommends downloading third party software. see if avg will effectively remove that trojan, if not you may need to take more extreme measures.

Looks more like spyware to me...trojans don't usually ask for you to download stuff, they just do it.

Number one you should be running those scans in safe mode. Number two, run HijackThis after you finish scanning with AVG.

That's what I meant, the trojan is trying to get me to download it. Sorry for the crappy pic BTW, forgot to align it properly in paint after I pressed print screen. AVG hasn't found anything yet and the scan is almost done. Wndows Defender found it but reported an error when it tried to remove it. I've been clicking "update now" on AVG every like three seconds lol. I tried quarantining it and that didn't work either. I'm going to disconnect my ethernet cable until all scans are finished. I'll report back later.

No, but I doubt that pop-up is a trojan. It's probably spyware. Trojans typically have more access to your computer, and instead of asking you to download that it would've executed it by itself.

On the other hand, spyware isn't typically quite so bad, and may actually prompt you for something like that.

Success! This thing was causing me some real headaches. I was even thinking of nuking the whole thing. Using Windows Defender to locate the files, I tried to delete them manually but the file was "in use" so I opened task manager and saw the files in the processes. I clicked on them and then "end now" but they just restarted. Booted into safe mode, deleted the files and ran a scan just to be sure. Problem solved. I had pulled out my ethernet cable pretty instantly so I don't think it installed anything else on my PC. I'm actually quite happy with that now.
BTW: Thanks to Freestyler for prompting me to boot into safe mode. I didn't notice you'd that you'd told me to do it. If I'd looked properly I could of saved a lot of time.

something like that infected my comp. trojan virus changed my BIOS to recognize my hard drive as a different format and wouldn't boot windows. They're all just viruses.

Back
Top Bottom