what career should i persue

kostonbleeds

In Runtime
now i know this site will prolly be bias but i figure i'll ask anyway.
should i get into electrical or computer hardware engineering?
with electrical i leave my options open and could work with anything, and with hardware it would strictly be that but would be more secure.
either one i think would be alright for me, they are both interesting and i'd be good at it except for that the comp engineers sometimes have to program and i hate doing that.
just thought i'd see what you guys thought

I think you are the only one who can really make that decision mate, your gut feeling should tell you which feels right for you.

yeah im about to go to college for computer science and hopefully i can get a job in computer engineering, i think that its one of the more funner jobs of computers, and its high paying =D

yeah im about to go to college for computer science and hopefully i can get a job in computer engineering, i think that its one of the more funner jobs of computers, and its high paying =D

isnt it hard to actually get hired since so many people study that?

you should go into electrically because there are a lot of private jobs that are willing to pay high price for an electrician. plus you can work for a small business as well. like you said you have many options open for an electrician.

isnt it hard to actually get hired since so many people study that?

Why try getting hired? Why not start your own business? That is what I did anyway. I figured that since I had computers under my belt, I'd run with it. Yes, it is very competitive: however, that is where your creativity comes in. That is the business world--competition, competition, competition. A good since of creativity mixed with a competitive edge will work wonders.

to the OP;

In case you should pursue the avenue of starting your own business, do the following;

1. get your Idea.
2. Set up a website: or, make your presence known on the web and wherever you o through business cards, fliers, and just merely comong up in conversation.
3. Advertise on and off line.

Here are some sites that will help you get started;

www.insiderreports.com/department.asp_Q_ChanID_E_SO_A_DeptID_E_GTKN_A_StoryID_E_20001377
www.powerhomebiz.com/vol113/small.htm
www.powerhomebiz.com
www.trizle.com/how-to-keep-your-business-start-up-afloat/
www.money.uk.msn.com/business/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4752887
www.powerhomebiz.com/vol118/downturn.htm
www.smalltownmarketing.com/advertising_tips.html
www.cityslick.net/article/local-business-marketing-and-consumer-behavior-1.html
www.allbusiness.com/marketing/advertising/3983-1.html
www.marketingsurvivalkit.com/
www.seologic.com/web-traffic/increase/visitors/
www.2createawebsite.com/traffic/index.html
www.freetraffictip.com/
www.webdesign.about.com/cs/promotion/tp/aatpwebtraffic.htm
www.webdevelopersjournal.com/articles/increase_site_traffic.html

I ope all of ths helps. Let me know what I can do if you need anything else.

Humm...I would say Electrical Engineering...

I'm still in high school and I have narrowed my selections to 4

-Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
-Biochemical Engineering
-Aeronautics Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering

Minor in Physics...

Humm...I would say Electrical Engineering...

I'm still in high school and I have narrowed my selections to 4

-Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
-Biochemical Engineering
-Aeronautics Engineering
-Mechanical Engineering

Minor in Physics...

do not go into aero engineering man...it's terrible I started down that path and hated it. i moved and am working on a math/physics degree but you cant do anything with that degree by itself, which is retarded that you can be a relatively smart person and study something difficult but cant do anything with it, so i figured that more doors will open with engineering. I'll prolly go electrical since i could prolly get a job at boeing since my uncle works there, but comp hardware just sounds like fun. you know like designing the new graphics card with ati or nvidia or working for asus building mobos. but yea aero and mechanical are the same up until like your junior year with only a slight variance with the engineering courses and they aren't that great. like electricity is used all the time and has so many more applications than mechanical other than you can design the actual physical structure that is controlling the electricity. and biochemical i mean come'on are you a terrorist? lol you would have to LOVE chem to want to do that, i've got a friend thats gonna do it and he hates chem.

You have to remember that not everyone is in it for the money. Honestly, if everybody did jobs just for the money most people wouldn't be very happy. I know that I do a job that doesn't pay very much about $13,000 a year, but I am happy with my job for now. Plus I have the luxury of having the time and money to do what I want and buy most of what I want.

Although, I am looking at going back to college for Computer Science, with a focus on Networking.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom