Sound Card

Szat

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,
I think I'm going to buy this sound card from newegg. Think it's a good buy? I never had a sound card before, I always used onboard audio and I'm very curious to see how much of a sound improvement I'll get. If I want the $30 rebate I have to order it tonight though! I have a nice pair of BOSE triport headphones, a 2.1 logitec system, and in the summer I'm going to get a 5.1 system. I've read the reviews and the specs, but I want to make sure this will make my audio as well as gaming audio better than my onboard Realtek ALC883. Thanks!

Yeah, it definetly will :)

I have the Creative X-Fi Xtreme Music and theres a great improvement over onboard.

Haha, though I'm using the Optical out now, using that special Creative Digital I/O, and it sounds better than it did plugged into analogue (tonnes better), plus, I can now listen to true Dolby Digital AC3 streams.

Though, if you are just wishing to experiment, a cheaper option might suffice (looks at $80 price tag)

The older Creative Sound Blasters like the Audigy would also suit well for you I think.

Fair enough :p

It should make both better anyway, since the Gamer sound card has the new EAX for games to make the environmental sound, sound more real.

A lot of customers are saying it sucks with Vista and can't even plug a mic into it. Have you had any problems? There is a mic port with this card right?

Well, it did suck with Vista, but there are newer drivers now that have fixed that I believe. I'm on XP, so can't exactly test it.

Yep, theres a mic port, which I believe is shared with the digital out port, if you ever wanted to buy the connection later.

I want you to shout in the forum if you notice a big difference while listening to music. Trust me, you will do!

Back
Top Bottom