Crysis on my future rig

I wouldnt get 8gb of ram. I would get a 4gb or 2gb kit of some fast ram. DDR3 if possible. My friend uped from 2gb to 4gb, and didnt see huge improovements.

I would also get about 700w or more on the PSU.

Is this PC solely for gaming? If it is then I would recommend the E8400 over the Q6600. That PSU will be OK if you DON'T plan to overclock, if you do plan to OC I recommend something with 35A+ on the 12V rail(s) And like Superman said. 4GB is an excellent amount at the moment. Get 4GB from either Corsair or Crucial, 800MHz or better RAM. BTW I'm sorry to spoil your day, but I have almost exactly the same rig as you're planning and I manage around 30FPS at high settings (not very high) in DX9 with 0XAA. Crysis is a beast, visually, not great gameplay-wise.

"Crysis at 1920x1200, all max settings, Dx10. At least 40fps?"

Doubt it, not even with that card... :(

The new 9000 series may manage this, but not the early renditions that have just been released.

"Crysis at 1920x1200, all max settings, Dx10. At least 40fps?"

Umm....no. Never.

For 40fps right now..you'd need 3x 8800 Ultras.

In March, maybe just 2x 9800GX2s.

With just one 8800GT, you won't be able to max it out at any rez.

Actually 3 8800Ultras only gets 37 FPS. It's currently impossible to max out Crysis at that resolution.

You're just gonna have to wait for the 9800GX2 to come out. I'm sure that will be able to handle it.

With just one 8800GT, you won't be able to max it out at any rez.
Maybe at 640x480? If you have something like a 4" screen. And the 9800GX2 is only two G92s on two PCBs on the same card. You could say it would give similar performance to two 8800GTs in SLI, perhaps slightly better performance. And two 8800GTs can't max it out.

Yeah, if you really want to run Crysis at max settings at that resolution, and still get 40+fps, you shouldn't update just yet, if thats really why you are updating.

I'd personally wait until all the new cards start rolling in, and then, they'll run Crysis fast, and when a new game comes out, using a new engine, you'll be back where Crysis left you now, whereas, if you get the 8000 series, you won't even be able to run the new game, but you'll run Crysis decently :p
Your choice! :D

I don't understand why your hell bent on running Crysis on very high settings. As everyone else has stated it won't happen.

Even if the new 9800GX2 is 30% faster than a ultra your not getting 40FPS at those settings. Freestyler said it takes 3 Ultras to get 37FPS with those settings.

Simply put one 9800GX2 with even a 50% gain over a ultra isn't going to get you there. Just buy your rig run the game at medium to high and it should play great.

Then when some newer cards come out you should be able to really max crysis at those resolutions. I'm talking the cards after the 9 series because I simply don't see the new line getting you were you want to be.

Back
Top Bottom