file size doubled when converted to mp4

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
I am converting some youtube videos to mp4 format and putting them on my ipod. it's a nano with only 4gb space, so file size is important to me.

I am downloading the files in flv format, and using media-convert.com to convert the files, but they give me a mp4 file that is approximately double the original size, but appears to be the same quality. It could be that mp4 is just a bigger format but I wasn't sure. is there a way to make the files turn out smaller without significantly reducing the quality? maybe even a better converter? but it has to be free. I've tried super and it isn't working with flv files.

thanks cf

Hum..i have the WinAVI Mp4 converter and it works fine. The quality doesn't change and the size stays the same. My friend bought it and he just gave me the CD key for no reason..I'm pretty sure if you google it you can find CD keys and whatnot for it. But I only have it because my friend gave it to me, he didn't even use it.

EDIT: I'm not trying to promote illegal cd keys or anything here, I was just saying. You could maybe even buy it, it's like $10 I think. But if you really can't spend any money then wait a little and see what other people say.

Back
Top Bottom