Money *sigh*

Thats some pretty expensive petrol, are you sure its 5.02 pounds a litre? And you petrol tank only holds 10 litres? Maybe you mean gallons??
Yes TM £5.02 a litre, as for tank capacity my Mercedes 'A' class 1.4 holds 11.5 gallons, [I'm ignoring Lownsey's remark by the way]
In Britain this price is about average mate.

My car costs around £52 to fill, £5.02 a litre at Morrison's the cheapest where I live, with Tesco's & Sainsbury's slightly dearer.
Yes TM £5.02 a litre, as for tank capacity my Mercedes 'A' class 1.4 holds 11.5 gallons, [I'm ignoring Lownsey's remark by the way]
Tank Holds 11.5 Gallons
3.7 Litres per Gallon
11.5 Gallons x 3.7 = 42.5 Litres in your tank.
5 pounds per litre in a 42 litre tank equals 212 pounds to fill your car up-

you make no sense to me.

So it would take over 200 pounds to fill your car then, not the 52 pounds as you previously stated. I am not trying to be difficult, it is just that the figures you quoted do not add up.

UK Petrol Prices for
Wednesday 20th Feb 2008 per Litre
Avg. Min. Max.
Unleaded: 104.2p 99.9p 114.9p
Diesel: 109.6p 103.0p 119.9p
LRP: 108.6p 102.9p 113.9p
Super: 110.9p 102.9p 121.0p
LPG: 54.1p 46.9p 59.9p

Tank Holds 11.5 Gallons
3.7 Litres per Gallon
11.5 Gallons x 3.7 = 42.5 Litres in your tank.
5 pounds per litre in a 42 litre tank equals 212 pounds to fill your car up,
you make no sense to me.
Aw, you didn't do your research very well did you??, the US gallon is 3.785 litres, the British gallon is 4.546 litres, you make no sense to me.

$50 a month for a bus pass is a lot less expensive than car insurance and a $100 payment per month. You ought to do that and save some money in the bank and....here's the kicker.....[/QUOTE
I got my bus pass today, & it's free for life
dance.gif

Wow, nice, whats the reason? They do that in the city here too for senior citizens.
Because I'm one too, & it's not nice it's a neccessity, I applied for it & got it, so that as time goes on, one day I don't know when, I'll find that I won't be able to drive, & I'll have to rely on bloody buses, I haven't been on one of those for years, I live in a village & there's not many buses into the nearest town to get food etc, I know that the supermarkets take orders over the phone & deliver to my door, but hell will freeze over before I resort to that!:mad:

wow unlucky dude. i have saved over £3000 in my bank, and still take some out for beer and stuff. i dont have to pay for a great deal yet which is good. i just need to buy a car now

Back
Top Bottom