Considering buying a 8800GT, should I wait for the 9xxx series?

well i think the new ones that are coming out are gonna be around the 450-500 range so if you have the extra cash then yeah wait, but if not or your like impaciant then uhh no... =D (why not get the 3870x2)

Depends on what your games are going to include.

Based on your user name, that card should be perfect for WoW. I know mine is. Full settings at highest resolution and its flawless. :)

Actually, I had a whole problem with wow with being hacked, so i just screwed them. ^.^ (I no i should change my name)
I'm waiting to see if theres a Oblivion mmo coming out. *Sigh Rumors, such a pain, gets you all hyped up then you get all depressed.

But, I'm playing games like Crysis, World in Conflict and such and my lil 7600GT isn't giving me what I want.

I was looking at the 9600GTs and I saw the XFX on is the same speed as this, so I'm wondering, what are clock speeds going to be for the 9800's?

What I want to know the most in whether they're going to be built around a revised G92 or a completely new core.

Gotcha!
I'll go with the 8800GT, after all these ideas of a really crappy 9xxx series seem it be true until they redo the 9 series I don't want to buy em.
According to this(which is in the Thread - 9600 GT out now! - it says that the 9series isn't really something to jump for.
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6186345/index.html?tag=topslot;title;3

Just sticking with this 8800GT, its got good clocks and speeds and runs preatty cool. ^.^

Back
Top Bottom