Help Me!!

Verbatim47

In Runtime
I currently own an set mx6958 gateway laptop with 1.66 core duo 1gb ram, 120gb hard drive and just now whenever i try to turn it on the computer makes a small high pitched noise and then the computer lights flash and it shuts off... it doesnt turn on at all.. just turns on and then instantly:confused: shuts off...can anyone tell me what is going on?? :)

yes the batttery has been connected to the charger all day.. and nothing has been wrong until now.. i have been on it all day, then i did some vacuuming but that is it.. and this happened..

That happened to my dad's Acer once. I can't remember how we solved it tho. I think we came back a little later and the problem was solved.

Humm...my dad did add some RAM to his laptop..But I can't remember if that was because of the problem.

EDIT: It was quite a while ago.

Is it possible that some sort of power surge occured and effected your laptop when you plugged in and turned on your vaccuum cleaner?

Is your laptop still under warranty?

This has happened to me before and unfortunately I was not able to solve the problem :(

The laptop was plugged into the wall when I vacuumed and I am starting to think that it friend the mobo... the laptop shows it is charging when i plug it in.. any other ideas?

The laptop was plugged into the wall when I vacuumed and I am starting to think that it friend the mobo... the laptop shows it is charging when i plug it in.. any other ideas?

did you mean fried instead of friend? Might be that. Idk. There are more people who can help you. Stick around and let's see what they say.

Problem = it's a gateway.

Do not buy gateway laptops simple as that.

Take your computer, and smash it to releive stress due to the fact that you just flushed money down the toilet.

Gateway = crap.

My friends gateway laptop = bad battery + hdd EXPLODED

My gateway laptop = dead lcd, then fried ram.

Your gateway laptop = who really cares what the problem is, just throw it out to avoid stress. Even dell is better then gateway.

Back
Top Bottom