Ahh... wikipedia. [RANT]

Well anyone could change some very important information like a date or something in an article and it could potentially go unnoticed for months. If I changed the date of some random event from March 9th to say... April 10th on some not-so-followed article and someone researched and citied April 10th as the date of said event instead of March 9th... they could end up in trouble. :p

Well see here's the thing. I'll check wikipedia first. Then I'll go and double check it with other websites to make sure the information is right. But what I like to do is just cite wikipedia as it's quicker lol.

Since none of my teachers will let Wikipedia be a valid source, I usually just use the info anyway, and if I have to cite it use the citations in the Wikipedia article.

Well, after like 3 years of banned wikipedia, I never use it anymore. Just when I want a quick insight on a subject. Most of the times I just google what I need.

i hate when people like delete pictures and info on there because its not "public domain". such bullshit. then they argue about it.

Wikipedia is a joke these days. You have idiots who come in and write things in the articles that is nonsense....it's pathetic.

Anyone know of any better reference sites like wikipedia?

It's not a bad site for sources, just make sure the content you're citing has links to prove it.

Just use Wikipedia with a cautious mind and always use other forms of research to supplement.

It's not a bad site for sources, just make sure the content you're citing has links to prove it.

Just use Wikipedia with a cautious mind and always use other forms of research to supplement.

Yep, thats about right.

Back
Top Bottom