Universal Charger

ssc456

Fully Optimized
right jus got my universal charger through.

its fine charges and all,

but now its night time i extend my lappy to my t.v to watch my friends episodes as always,

and the tv has horrible lines scrolling down it.

i have adjusted the voltages on it but all it does is makes the lines move faster or slower, my laptop charger says 18.5 volts and this thing only goes to 15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24

no 18.5 ?

i know its the power supple thats the prob coz when i take it out pic is perfect.

what can i do, or do i have to buy charger from compaq ?

just gonna try update video drivers now ...... jus cluthing on straws here

New charger? There has to be one that supports that voltage...

yh there prob is, but i bought a cheap universal charger that says it supports all laptops, and it does it charges it fine jus have crappy picture on my t/v

also my friends universal charger doesnt have 18.5 on it either, also jumps from 18,19

Edit: Drivers Update didnt work :(

the problem is due to the charger having poor emf shielding...

the same things happen on my laptop charger and LCD monitor, (lines come down the screen), if you change the refresh rate of the screen the lines move slower/faster or move up the screen instead of down.

try moving the power pack part of the charger, with the transformer in it further away fro mthe TV.

the main problem is that mains voltage is 50hz and so is PAL TV in your case.

so try moving the transformer further away to lessen the effect, or try wrapping it in aluminum foil as extra sheilding, or putting it in a metal biscuit tin...
see if that works.

the problem is due to the charger having poor emf shielding...

the same things happen on my laptop charger and LCD monitor, (lines come down the screen), if you change the refresh rate of the screen the lines move slower/faster or move up the screen instead of down.

try moving the power pack part of the charger, with the transformer in it further away fro mthe TV.

the main problem is that mains voltage is 50hz and so is PAL TV in your case.

so try moving the transformer further away to lessen the effect, or try wrapping it in aluminum foil as extra sheilding, or putting it in a metal biscuit tin...
see if that works.

will do ill try it tonight on my tele, the charger is bout 8 - 10ft away from the t.v but ill still give it a shot, post back later.

Edit. No joy, tried putting it in a tin of roses, sweets, then tried my mums saucepan coz its made out of stainless stell and i heard that is a good protector of EMF, still no luck in fact no change at all in the picture ?

Back
Top Bottom