How do I update my bios?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I was trying to update my bios the other day, so I went to the asus website and downloaded an update file, but what do I do with it? Its not an .exe or anything I guess I need to manually put it somewhere?

MOBO = ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Thanks.

UPDATE:

I just found out that my mobo has this option:

ASUS MyLogo2
"You can convert your favorite photo into a 256-color boot logo for a more colorful and vivid image on your screen."

Does anyone know hoe exactly would i do this?

I had to buy a floppy drive to do that once...very annoying that they you can't do it via CD.

Just a word of warning, if you need to update it for hardware issues Fair enough but it can have severe consequences(wipe you chip out) make absolute certain you have the correct update.

You'll want to get the ASUS Update V7.06.02 program from their site here: A8N32-SLI Deluxe Downloads. It's listed under BIOS-Utilities. That will allow you to flash your BIOS while in Windows. It works well, I've used it a couple of times. Make sure you have no programs running in the background while doing the flash such as virus scanners, messenger services, etc.

You'll want to get the ASUS Update V7.06.02 program from their site here: A8N32-SLI Deluxe Downloads. It's listed under BIOS-Utilities. That will allow you to flash your BIOS while in Windows. It works well, I've used it a couple of times. Make sure you have no programs running in the background while doing the flash such as virus scanners, messenger services, etc.
QFT, safe mode is best.

Thanks guys.!

Great post m8 thank you, il try that.

Back
Top Bottom