Vista On My Laptop

Thanks for the rest of the replies, I managed to run it for ages on another pc which had this spec: Intel Celeron 2.6ghz, 80GB HDD, SiS 650 64MB graphics (I later upgraded that to 256MB Radeon 9550) and 768MB RAM, so I really have no idea how it would run on this laptop. I need to upgrade my RAm anyway so that won't be a problem.

Also 2Gb seems like a lot, I can run Crysis and NFS ProStreet Smoothly on my Desktop, that only has 1.5GB.

I'll have to strongly disagree about Windows Vista running on this laptop. It just won't work. It cannot be done as you had stated that the graphics card has been integrated into the computer. and, the message you received concerning your graphics card gave a good indication that it will not be supported.

This is a primary reason I like custom built computers. This way, you'll not have to deal with this. You can update any components you'd like.

the computer that i'm currently using was given to me by a friend. It's free, so I'm not complaining. But, I'm thinking of manufacturing my own PC when my schedule allows me the time, as my customers must come first. It is then that I'll have control of all the spects. Don't feel bad, Vista would run as slow as a snail on this laptop. Thus, the performance would not be worth it.

For a custom built computer, check out my sig.

I'll have to strongly disagree about Windows Vista running on this laptop. It just won't work. It cannot be done as you had stated that the graphics card has been integrated into the computer. and, the message you received concerning your graphics card gave a good indication that it will not be supported.

You May have a point there,to make sure of this,I would run the Vista Readiness test after you upgrade your RAM.Also,1gb is enough to run vista pretty good,My parents PC has 1gb RAM and its vista pretty good.

with 1 gig of ram u ll be able to run vista quite nicely on that system actually although you will not be able to run aero. I had an amd 1800+ 768mb ram GEforce fx5500 and it ran surprisingly smooth

Back
Top Bottom