Vista On My Laptop

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I have been running Windows Vista Ultimate on my desktop computer for a while now. I have decided that I woul like to install Vista on my laptop, however I'm not sure if I can run it. Here is my laptop's specification:
Compaq Presario 1500
30GB HDD
Intel Pentium 4 2.4ghz
192MB RAM (256 but graphics takes 64 of it)
ATI Mobility Radeon IGP 340M 64MB

I know the RAM needs to be upgraded (my laptop supports 1GB), and the HDD does too, but the biggest issue is the graphics card. I can't do anything too it as it is intergrated. I don't mind if I can't do Aero - I'm happy with the basic theme, but the reason why I made this thread is because Vista Upgrade Advisor said: "Your graphics card is not supported in Vista - contact your PC manufacturer........". Seeing As ATI haven't made any drivers for this Card, does this mean I'm stuck and cannot run vista? Thanks for any replies.

ok, thats a shame, quite annoying that it came with xp but can't go any higher, unlike the old PC's where you could upgrade something Running 95 up to 2000 Pro. Thanks for the reply.

ok, thats a shame, quite annoying that it came with xp but can't go any higher, unlike the old PC's where you could upgrade something Running 95 up to 2000 Pro. Thanks for the reply.

Vista would slow it down, even if your laptop was able to run it.

Really? I was planning on upgrading to 1GB - as that is the maximum my motherboard supports.

The standard for Vista is 2GB. I think you could just about get by with 1GB but it's not worth the performance decrease you'll get in Vista over XP. Stick with XP on your laptop for the time being.

Back
Top Bottom