Buliding a rig for a friend

Yes you can force DX9 in Vista but you cannot force DX10 in XP, but for the minimal improvements and severly reduced performance that comes with DX10, I prefer Dx9 for the time being.

yeah really and apparently dx 10 was supposed to manage the cpu better...pff like that matters a whole heck of a lot since vista sits and munches on your RAM all day...your screwed with vista either way i guess...

You do need more resources for Vista, it's true, but I'm happy with it. Everyone has their own opinion. I think DX10 performance will improve with SP1 and newer drivers (At least I really hope it does). If I wasn't into gaming then I'd love to have a go with Linux.

If I wasn't into gaming then I'd love to have a go with Linux.

Much agreed!...man I wish that it supported games!...have you tried Sabayon Beryl..wheff! that is just one of the sweetest linux systems I've ever tried..it gives vista a run for its money minus gaming of course..

Much agreed!...man I wish that it supported games!...have you tried Sabayon Beryl..wheff! that is just one of the sweetest linux systems I've ever tried..it gives vista a run for its money minus gaming of course..

Ya I really like sabayon! :cool: :D

Back
Top Bottom