Motherboard chipset?

Not true at all. Ask an ATI graphics card owner. The catalyst team work their asses off to put out good drivers. Nvidia is often the manufacturer lacking in the driver department as I've found out.

Lol,I have a ATI 7000IGP graphics on my laptop,and it BSOD's about the Drivers like hell,Also i have had several other ATI cards,and they are S***.

my buddy has a x850 XTE right now and says the drivers are a $*#$&!! he refuses to get another ATI card because of it. >.<

It performs better than the 8800 ULTRA which costs around $700. The 3870X2 costs $450.

From Tom's Hardware:
Even on the level of pure performance, the situation isn't exceptional: the 8800 Ultra, a card available for 8 months now, is only outperformed by 7% (in 1920x1200), the gap being tiny in the other resolutions or even going to the advantage of the 8800 Ultra.
The 3870 X2 may perform faster at some settings. But that isn't saying much.

ATI IMO is a better bang for the buck..they usually perform close to, equal to, or a little better than nvidia cards for a lot cheaper price. I've never had problems with drivers or support from them either. ATI is a very good choice...and I'm saying that even though I'm an INTEL guy! I just don't like to fork out a lot of money for something like nVidia that, sure, might be good, but more expensive...it's basic walmart economics!...sure you hate shopping there but can you beat the price?...no...most times you cannot..

Fine go with the 780i and Nvidia if you want. But there are other members on here who would back me up on the X38 being a better chipset.

ok, so lets assume your right worshipme, and the x38 is a better chipset. but lets also assume that ati has horrible drivers and bad tech support. seeing as im gonna be using this computer for gaming, is the x38 chipset that much better than the 780i that i should forgo nvidia and take ati in its stead?

Back
Top Bottom